What is color psychology?
Can colors affect mood, perception, and even purchasing decisions?
Color psychology is the study of color as a determinant of human behavior. [wikipedia]
Artists and designers understand and utilize the power of color to evoke a mood, and even change behaviors. With this infographic, you too can harness the power of color!
- White: Cleanliness, Purity, Simplicity
- Yellow: Happiness, Warmth, Caution
- Orange: Affordable, Creative, Fun
- Red: Action, Passion, Danger
- Pink: Gentle, Romantic, Grateful
- Purple: Expensive, Mysterious, Spiritual
- Blue: Authoritative, Serene, Dignified
- Green: Renewal, Healing, Money
- Brown: Calm, Natural, Serious
- Grey: Corporate, Practical, Somber
- Black: Classic, Formal, Bold
Check out the full infographic from Muse Design and see what your brand colors are revealing about you! Article continues below.
Want to Learn More About the Language of Color?
Check out this highly-rated book on Amazon. Reviewers have called it “not to be missed,” “a visual feast,” and “a masterpiece.”
I’ve shared so many color infographics, you might say I’m a bit obsessed 😉
Try these for tips relevant to business branding and marketing:
Below is my crazy-viral post on favorite colors. Nearing a quarter of a million Pinterest saves!
Now, you too can be an expert on brand colors!