Have you taken a blog challenge? Or are thinking about it?
There are various blog challenges to take, with different requirements and goals. I joined the Ultimate Blog Challenge, where participants commit to blogging daily for a full month. Yesterday we looked at the benefits of blogging daily. But there are benefits from a blog challenge beyond those for your website.
12 Blog Challenge Benefits Beyond the Blog
- Developing a daily habit of writing.
- Finding your blogging “voice.”
- Honing a skill: writing faster and better.
- Finding your niche by learning what your readers appreciate most.
- Discovering topics for ongoing series.
- Stretching yourself and feeling good about completing a goal.
- Connecting with other bloggers for support, comments, and sharing over social networks.
- Widening your own online social network.
- Finding potential joint ventures, guest bloggers, friends, and clients.
- Adding content to raise your website’s visibility in the search engines.
- Producing content to repurpose into books, freebies, webinars, infographics, and more.
- Getting great ideas for more blog posts.
I admit – the last item was my top item for joining the Ultimate Blog Challenge! Michelle Shaeffer is a successful business blogger who shares a motherlode of ideas about blogging, and blog post topics, during the “UBC.” I wanted to virtually “pick her brain” a bit!
You’ll also find topic ideas from reading other challenge members’ blogs. What’s your take on a subject?
And, I’ve already made some great friends and supporters, and gotten one idea for an ongoing series: website traffic report. Readers found my first traffic report inspirational, encouraging me to post one monthly, or at least quarterly.
I still have concerns about blogging too much, but – I’m finding that scheduling one day of the week to write my main post(s) for the week may be the most efficient for me. Scheduling / planning was an issue for me last year. I no longer want to be writing on Thursday night in order to have a post to go out in my Friday blog broadcast!
You may find that writing for a specific amount of time daily works best to complete your blogging goals. Take a blog challenge and learn what works for you!
Will You Take a Blog Challenge?
What do you think? If you’ve taken a blog challenge, please share your experience! Even if you haven’t, what do you think of the blog challenge benefits?