Want to know how to be successful in 2019?
Wondering what you can do to make your dreams a reality this year?
Start by taking a look at your 2018!
If you’re not taking the steps needed to become successful, you may be more afraid of success rather than failure.
Why is that happening?
It is easier to imagine failure and to get past it, but harder to imagine dealing with the responsibility and expectations of success. It might feel overwhelming. Plus, we tend to prepare more for negative things than positive ones. Right? We rehearse over and over in our minds what we could do in case something bad happens.
If you are one of these people, afraid of achieving success (or more success than you have now), you should spend more time preparing for success rather than perpetuating your fear:
- Imagine how you’ll feel when you get there.
- How much better will your life be, and the lives of those around you?
- What will you need to adapt to your new circumstances – attitude, relationships, gains, and losses?
- How will you deal with new responsibilities and expectations?
- Imagine the ways you’ll contribute to a better world, and the legacy you’ll leave behind for future generations.
Another obstacle that stops people from success is believing that they lack motivation.
Listen, if you have a dream and you can imagine how beautiful life can be after achieving it, you are already motivated enough to start building it, and make that dream a reality.
Believe in your dream and yourself, and focus more on your plan of action, rather than what you feel regarding your motivation and confidence. Both will come along the way, from achieving your milestones.
Now that you know how to deal with a possible fear of success or lack of motivation, check out the 23 Keys to Success infographic, and start or continue your success journey.
Pin the infographic so you’ll always have the tips handy for how to be successful!