Using Twitter for business?
Here are 20 Twitter Tips for Business you can tweet at a click of your mouse: the top 20 Twitter tactics used by businesses and brands in the U.K.
Plus a Twitter for Business infographic to pin. It’s a treasure trove of Twitter tips!
Top 20 Twitter Tips for Businesses and Brands: Tweet ‘Em!
A study of 3,000 businesses and brands in the UK came up with this list of best practices. Leading the way is to be helpful! Don’t just push out info – listen to your followers’ needs, and help them out.
Here are the top 20 Twitter tips for businesses:
1. Help others with problems by using the hashtag for your industry term. Click to Tweet!
2. Share tips related to your business and work-life balance. Click to Tweet!
3. Share photos of conferences, travel, products and other interesting finds. Click to Tweet!
4. Provide selected highlights from a conference or event. Click to Tweet!
5. Report industry, company, world and other news that’s related to your business, together with some commentary. Click to Tweet!
6. Link to articles and content posted elsewhere with a summary of why it’s valuable. Click to Tweet!
7. Post original thoughts on your topic, industry and business. Click to Tweet!
8. Join industry and topic Twitter lists related to your business. Click to Tweet!
9. Feed your tweets into other social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn. Click to Tweet! My note: Do sparingly!
10. Participate in Twitter chats related to your industry or business on a regular basis. Click to Tweet!
Top Twitter tip for business: help prospects with their problems. click to tweet
11. Research prospects before meeting them. You can gain a lot of valuable information just from scanning their tweets, profile and contacts. Click to Tweet!
12. Give referrals via Twitter. What goes around comes around. Click to Tweet!
13. Spread your tweets throughout the day, rather than posting the all at once, as people check Twitter at different times of the day. Click to Tweet!
14. Respond to tweets which relate to your industry. Click to Tweet!
15. Publish your Twitter ID on all marketing collateral, including business cards, email signature, email newsletters, web sites and brochures, so prospects can learn more about you. Click to Tweet!
16. Post discounts and offers on Twitter. Click to Tweet!
17. Use keywords on your profile and a fun fact to earn trust, add personality and enable you to be found. Click to Tweet!
18. Dump the default Twitter avatar use a photo of yourself or a suitable image. Click to Tweet!
19. Follow experts, companies, competitors and leaders in your industry. Click to Tweet!
20. Be authentic, genuine and real. In other words, be yourself. Click to Tweet!
Twitter Tips for Business Infographic: Pin It!
Check the infographic, then share in the comments: What are your favorite Twitter tips for business?
Twitter Tips Infographic courtesy of CherylLawson.co