Need August marketing ideas?
It’s the dog days of summer, and your marketing motivation may be low.
Is anyone listening, anyway?
Yes, it’s a big month for vacations – but there’s more!
- Parents are prepping for school to start.
- Families are thinking about a last-minute trip.
- Businesses may be getting ready for Fall’s more serious mindset.
- Retailers are preparing for Christmas.
Meet your audience where they are. If it seems everyone’s kicking back – share fun stuff in that same vein!
There are lots of ideas to choose from. You can even get them as ready-to-post content, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Don’t just take the month off and try to ramp up after Labor Day. Due to the algorithms on search engines and social platforms, your lack of engagement for a long period will have you struggling to climb out of a hole.
Keep active by using social media schedulers, and give your audience what they want.
August Marketing Themes
Before we get into the holiday themes, check out these seasonal “end of summer” topics.
Summer Travel Fun
If you offer summer fun or travel, you’ll want to promote it in advance of, and into, August.
Any business owner can share their own summer activities, and ask followers about theirs. Keep them engaged!
Back to School
In between the fun moments, parents are getting their kids ready for school to start. Provide solutions for their supplies, study, and dorm room needs.
Business to Business
August is usually slow for B2B. Do stay active on social media! Post fun stuff and teasers.
Take some time to relax and renew. Be ready to promote your products and services in September.
Any business, blogger, or influencer can adapt this idea. Engage your audience with “summer hacks” by posting tips related to your niche.
The one shown below could work for businesses in travel, fitness, swim apparel, finances, and probably more!
10 August Monthly Holidays
There are plenty of observances for the month of August. Do any of these resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a month-long promotion that might include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests and more.
- Black Business Month
- National Win With Civility Month
- What Will Be Your Legacy Month
- Happiness Happens Month
- American Adventures Month
- American Artists Appreciation Month
- American Indian Heritage Month
- Bystander Awareness Month
- Children’s Vision & Learning Month
- Get Ready for Kindergarten Month
August 2022 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Asterisked dates* change year to year.
Dates are correct for 2022 and will be updated each year a few months ahead.
Aug 1–7 Simplify Your Life Week
Aug 1–7 International Clown Week
Aug 7–13* National Exercise With Your Child Week
Aug 7–13* National Farmers’ Market Week
Aug 8–14* National Bargain Hunting Week: offer a special sale!
Aug 9–17* Elvis Week
Aug 21–27* National Chef’s Appreciation Week
Aug 25–31* Be Kind To Humankind Week
August 2022 Daily Holidays
There aren’t any major holidays in August. 🙁
But there are some cool minor holidays! You should find plenty of August social media holidays to choose from. 🙂
Even though the holidays listed below aren’t known to change annually, I do confirm the dates each year a few months ahead. And these are correct for 2022!
- August 1: World Wide Web Day
- August 3: National Watermelon Day
- August 4: Single Working Women’s Day
- August 8: International Cat Day
- August 9: National Book Lovers Day
- August 10: National Lazy Day
- August 12: IBM PC Day
- August 15: National Relaxation Day
- August 18: Serendipity Day
- August 19: World Humanitarian Day
- August 22: Be An Angel Day
- August 25: National Kiss and Make Up Day
- August 26: National Dog Day
- August 27: National Just Because Day
- August 30: National Toasted Marshmallow Day
There are yet more ideas in Your Social Plan. Keep reading!
Which August Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have more than 10 to choose from!
I love social media holidays and am compiling huge lists of hundreds for each month.
But just knowing the holidays doesn’t mean you’ll:
- Remember which happens when.
- Know how to use them in your marketing.
- Or have time to come up with eye-catching images and engaging captions to go with them.
That’s why there’s Your Social Plan!
Your Social Plan is a daily posting plan that combines beautiful, done-for-you content with powerful business-building prompts so you’ll never wonder what to post again.
Each day your business benefits from a combination of 3 posts:
M – Motivational / Inspirational
V – Visibility Boosting (like holidays!)
P – Promotional / Business Building
Check out Your Social Plan now and save hours on your social media marketing this month!
Disclosure: If you purchase, I will earn a commission, at no cost to you.
No marketing budget? Grab the free one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One holiday each day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how to use it.
Get a printable PDF or two in the FREE members area.
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to let others know about this free resource.
What do you think? Which August marketing ideas will you use for your business?
Or if you’re pressed for time, try Your Social Plan for ready-to-post content monthly!