Need May marketing ideas?
If April showers bring May flowers, let this floriferous season inspire your imagery.
This month we celebrate mothers and teachers in the U.S. Most would appreciate beautiful blooms in your social media posts, and even your gift ideas!
It’s also a big month for the U.S. military, so get ready to wave the red, white, and blue.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from! You can even get them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 May Monthly Holidays
Do any of these month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- National Inventors Month
- Revise Your Work Schedule Month
- National Photo Month
- National Egg Month
- National Physical Fitness & Sports Month
- Teen CEO Month
- National Smile Month
- Gifts from the Garden Month
- National Military Appreciation Month
- Family Wellness Month
May 2019 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
- April 28–May 4 is National Small Business Week
- May 1–7 is Choose Privacy Week
- May 5–11 is Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5–11 is National Pet Week
- May 5–11 is National Wildflower Week
- May 6–10 is PTA Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 12–18 is Work At Home Moms Week
- May 20–27 is National Backyard Games Week
May 2019 Daily Holidays
Two big holidays in May are Mother’s Day (May 12) and Memorial Day (May 30).
Moms are a huge force in the economy, and in each individual’s life. Give ’em some love!
Memorial Day is considered the kickoff of summer in the U.S.
Here are some favorite special days this month:
Dates below are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
- May 1 is May Day, Lei Day, and Global Love Day
- May 4 is Intergalactic Star Wars Day
- May 5 is World Laughter Day
- May 7 is National Teacher Day
- May 8 is the Great American Grump Out
- May 15 is International Day of Families
- May 17 is International Virtual Assistants Day
- May 18 is Armed Forces Day
- May 20 is National Be a Millionaire Day
- May 22 is International Sherlock Holmes Day
- May 23 is National Lucky Penny Day
- May 23 is Eat More Fruits & Vegetables Day
- May 27 is Nothing To Fear Day
- May 30 is National Water a Flower Day
- May 31 is What You Think Upon Grows Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which May Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then fill in with fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! Your next issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
Or just grab the FREE May one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
Get your high-resolution printable PDF in the FREE members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to let others know about this free resource.
What do you think? Which May marketing ideas will you use for your business?