Need June marketing ideas?
It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy!
While summer truly starts on June 21, Memorial Day (May 28) is considered summer’s kickoff. Kids are getting ready for school to end, and adults are planning road trips and other travel.
If your audience is in the Northern Hemisphere, use these themes in your marketing efforts.
There are gift opportunities for dads, grads and teachers. Do you sell giftables appropriate for one or more of these groups? Be sure to offer them!
It’s another big month for the red, white, and blue, as well as camping, barbecues, and outdoor living.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from! You can even get them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 June Monthly Holidays
Do any of these month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- Effective Communications Month
- Professional Wellness Month
- Entrepreneurs Do It Yourself Marketing Month
- Rebuild Your Life Month
- National Rose Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- National Camping Month
- Fireworks Safety Month
- GLBT Pride Month
- National Ice Tea Month
June 2018 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2018 and will be updated each year.
- June 3–9 is Pet Appreciation Week
- June 3–9 is National Business Etiquette Week
- June 3–11 is National Lemonade Days
- June 10–15 is National Body Piercing Week
- June 10–16 is National Flag Week in the U.S.
- June 11–17 is Men’s Health Week
- June 17–23 is the National Week of Making
- June 18–24 is Universal Father’s Week
June 2018 Daily Holidays
The biggest holiday in June is Father’s Day on June 17. Show dads some love!
Here are some favorite special days this month:
Dates below are correct for 2018 and will be updated each year.
- June 1 is National Say Something Nice Day
- June 1 is also the 80th annual National Donut Day
- June 4 is National Thank God It’s Monday Day
- June 6 is the 30th anniversary of Sex and the City
- June 7 is the 60th anniversary of Prince’s birth date
- June 8 is National Best Friends Day
- June 10 is National Iced Tea Day
- June 13 is National Weed Your Garden Day
- June 18 is National Splurge Day
- June 20 is World Productivity Day
- June 21 is National Selfie Day
- June 22 is National Take Your Dog to Work Day
- June 23 is National Pink Day
- June 25 is Global Beatles Day
- June 27 is Micro-, Small-, And Medium-Sized Enterprises Day
- June 30 is Social Media Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which June Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then fill in with fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! Your next issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
Or just grab the FREE June one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
You can simply download the low-res version by right-clicking on the image above. Or get a high-resolution printable PDF in the Free Members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to let others know about this free resource.
What do you think? Which June marketing ideas will you use for your business?