Need July marketing ideas?
In the Northern Hemisphere, it’s summer. It’s hot. Kids are out of school.
People are thinking more about fun than business!
But if your business can provide any “keep cool” activities, recipes, clothing – be sure to let your audience know!
You may also want to offer a summer or “Fourth of July” sale to capture interest.
Or use the theme of freedom or independence in your marketing efforts. Here’s a great page of freedom quotes.
And, it’s yet another big month for the red, white, and blue, camping, barbecues, and outdoor living.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from! You can even get them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 July Monthly Holidays
Do any of these month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- Independent Retailer Month
- Freedom from Fear of Speaking Month
- Family Reunion Month
- National Recreation and Parks Month
- International Zine Month
- Family Golf Month
- National Grilling Month
- Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- National Ice Cream Month
July 2018 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2018 and will be updated each year.
- July 4–10 is Freedom Week
- July 7–13 is Sports Cliché Week
- July 7–14 is Creative Maladjustment Week
- July 15–21 is National Independent Retailers Week
- July 15–21 is Everybody Deserves a Massage Week
- July 18–21 is National Baby Food Week
- July 19–22 is Quilt Odyssey Week
- July 29–August 4 is Single Working Women’s Week
July 2018 Daily Holidays
In the U.S., the biggest holiday in July is Independence Day on July 4. Canada Day is on July 1.
Here are some favorite special days this month:
Dates below are correct for 2018 and will be updated each year.
- July 1 is International Joke Day
- July 2 is I Forgot Day
- July 4 is the 100th anniversary of Ann Landers’ and Abigail Van Buren’s birth
- July 5 is National Workaholics Day
- July 8 is Ice Cream Sundae Day
- July 10 is Teddy Bears’ Picnic Day
- July 12 is National Simplicity Day
- July 13 is Embrace Your Geekness Day
- July 17 is World Emoji Day
- July 18 is the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s birth
- July 19 is Get to Know Your Customers Day
- July 22 is Parents Day
- July 24 is International Self-Care Day
- July 26 is One Voice Day
- July 26 is also Mick Jagger’s 75th birthday
- July 31 is National Mutt Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which July Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then fill in with fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! The following issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
Or just grab the FREE July one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
You can simply download the low-res version by right-clicking on the image above. Or get a high-resolution printable PDF in the Free Members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to let others know about this free resource.
What do you think? Which July marketing ideas will you use for your business?