Need July marketing ideas?
In the Northern Hemisphere, it’s summer. It’s hot. Kids are out of school.
People are thinking more about fun than business!
But if your business can provide any “keep cool” activities, recipes, clothing – be sure to let your audience know!
You may also want to offer a summer or “Fourth of July” sale to capture interest.
Or use the theme of freedom or independence in your marketing efforts. Here’s a great page of freedom quotes.
And, it’s yet another big month for the red, white, and blue, camping, barbecues, and outdoor living.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from! You can even get them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 July Monthly Holidays
Do any of these month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- Independent Retailer Month
- Freedom from Fear of Speaking Month
- Family Reunion Month
- National Recreation and Parks Month
- International Zine Month
- Family Golf Month
- National Grilling Month
- Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- National Ice Cream Month
July 2019 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
- July 4–10 is Freedom Week
- July 7–13 is Sports Cliché Week
- July 7–14 is Creative Maladjustment Week
- July 17–20 is National Baby Food Week
- July 18–25 is Restless Leg Syndrome Education & Awareness Week
- July 21–27 is National Independent Retailers Week
- July 21–27 is Everybody Deserves a Massage Week
- July 25–28 is Quilt Odyssey Week
July 2019 Daily Holidays
In the U.S., the biggest holiday in July is Independence Day on July 4. Canada Day is on July 1.
Here are some favorite special days this month:
Dates below are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
- July 1 is International Joke Day
- July 2 is I Forgot Day
- July 5 is National Workaholics Day
- July 8 is Be a Kid Again Day
- July 11 is Free Slurpee Day – 7/11
- July 12 is National Simplicity Day
- July 13 is Gruntled Workers Day
- July 17 is World Emoji Day
- July 18 is Nelson Mandela Day
- July 18 is Get to Know Your Customers Day (3rd Thursday each quarter)
- July 21 is National Junk Food Day
- July 24 is Tell an Old Joke Day
- July 26 is One Voice Day
- July 31 is National Mutt Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which July Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then fill in with fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! The following issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
Or just grab the FREE July one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
You can simply download the low-res version by right-clicking on the image above. Or get a high-resolution printable PDF in the Free Members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
What do you think? Which July marketing ideas will you use for your business?