Need January marketing ideas?
January kicks off a new year and offers a fresh start. Many people will make a New Year’s resolution – but less than 10% will achieve their resolution.
Even though many fail, people who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t explicitly make resolutions.
Is there a resolution that’s common to your audience? How can you help them make and/or keep it?
It’s a great opportunity to promote your business, and how you help make lives better.
If resolutions don’t resonate with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from! I’ve even got them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
New Year’s Resolutions
Idea 1 is to tap into a resolution of your target market. Per StatisticBrain, these were the top New Year’s resolutions for 2017. I’d guess they usually are!
- Lose Weight / Healthier Eating 21.4%
- Life / Self Improvements 12.3%
- Better Financial Decisions 8.5%
- Quit Smoking 7.1%
- Do more exciting things 6.3%
- Spend More Time with Family / Close Friends 6.2%
- Work out more often 5.5%
- Learn something new on my own 5.3%
- Do more good deeds for others 5.2%
- Find the love of my life 4.3%
- Find a better job 4.1%
- Other 13.8%
10 January Monthly Holidays
Do any of these month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience? Plan a promotion that could include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests and more.
- National Mentoring Month
- National Get Organized Month
- Get A Balanced Life Month
- International Creativity Month
- National Thank You Month
- Financial Health Month
- National Book Month
- International Brainteaser Month
- Self-Love Month
- Shape Up U.S. Month
8 January 2019 Weekly Holidays
These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
- Diet Resolution Week: 1–7
- Someday We’ll Laugh About This Week: 2–8
- Home Office Safety and Security Week: 6–12
- Elvis’ Birthday Celebration Week: 7–9
- National Fresh Squeezed Juice Week: 17–23
- Hunt For Happiness Week: 20–26
- National Activity Professionals Week: 20–26
- Clean Out Your Inbox Week: 21–25
January 2019 Daily Holidays
The big holiday in January is New Year’s Day (January 1), as it sets the tone for the first few weeks of the year.
January 21 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Dates below are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
Here are some favorite minor holidays:
- January 2 is National Motivation and Inspiration Day
- January 7 is I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day
- January 8 is Elvis Presley & David Bowie’s birth anniversary
- January 10 is Peculiar People Day
- January 13 is Make Your Dream Come True Day
- January 14 is National Dress Up Your Pet Day
- January 16 is National Nothing Day
- January 17 is Get to Know Your Customer Day
- January 24 is National Compliment Day
- January 26 is Ellen DeGeneres’ birthday
- January 29 is Oprah Winfrey’s birthday
- January 31 is Backward Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which January Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then use fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF for January only, or for the full year at a 45% savings.
OR, grab the free January one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how to use it!
Get your printable PDF in the FREE members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to share with others.
What do you think? Which January marketing ideas will YOU use?