Searching for the ultimate social media cheat sheet?
I’ve been looking forever, and can’t find one that’s completely correct. So I made my own!
Simple – but accurate! Outdated infographics are still widely posted and shared, despite their misinformation. Here are the updated social media sizes, as of January 1, 2018.
Latest updates: Newest first!
- Facebook: NEW November 2017, FB group cover photo proportion has changed. Jump to Facebook section below.
- Pinterest: NEW Fall 2017, Pin size maxes out at 564 pixels wide when clicked. Jump to Pinterest section below.
- Profile pictures are virtually all circular now! Even on a Facebook Page, the square photo you see next to your cover photo gets cropped to a circle elsewhere.
Plan your avatar or logo accordingly! Make sure there’s nothing critical in the corners of the square.
- Twitter: NEW September 2017, with readers’ help I finally figured out the best size and shape for both tweeted images and Twitter cards. Read all the details here, or jump to Twitter section below.
- LinkedIn: NEW August 2017, LinkedIn personal profile “backgrounds” redesigned. Jump to LinkedIn section below.
- Tumblr: A reader has provided a size list. Jump to Tumblr section below.
I’ve included ALL essential sizes for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, AND YouTube on the chart. I also added some notes about aspect ratio where there isn’t a specified maximum size.
Please leave a comment if any need to be corrected. I’ll update as quickly as possible!