Need September marketing ideas?
Kids are back in school, and adults are back to business. Don’t miss this opportunity to market your business.
If you’ve slacked off a bit over summer, I hope you’re rejuvenated and ready to go 🙂 Try to get back to an optimal posting frequency on your best social media channel.
It’s easy with all these ideas to choose from! I’ve even got them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 September Monthly Holidays
Do any of these resonate with your business and audience? Plan a month-long promotion that might include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests and more.
- Nat’l Prosper Where You Are Planted Month
- Be Kind To Editors & Writers Month
- International People Skills Month
- International Self-Awareness Month
- National Fruit and Veggies Month
- Self Improvement Month
- Shameless Promotion Month (go for it!)
- Healthy Aging Month
- Women’s Friendship Month
- National Sewing Month
8 September 2018 Weekly Holidays
These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2018, will be updated each year.
If these don’t work for you, there’s a whole page of weekly holidays in my Planner below! September is a busy month for holidays.
- International Enthusiasm Week: 1-7
- Self-University Week: 1-7
- Dating and Life Coach Recognition Week: 9-15
- Build A Better Image Week: 16-22
- National Indoor Plant Week: 16-22
- National Dog Week: 23-29
- National Keep Kids Creative Week: 23-29
- International Women’s E-Commerce Days: 24-29
September 2018 Daily Holidays
The biggest dates in September are U.S.-based: Labor Day, and National Day of Service and Remembrance. Dates are correct for 2018, will be updated each year.
Here are some favorite minor holidays:
- September 1: National No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day
- September 3: Labor Day
- September 6: National Read A Book Day
- September 7: National Lazy Mom’s Day
- September 9: Wonderful Weirdos Day
- September 11: Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance
- September 12: National Day of Encouragement
- September 13: Positive Thinking Day
- September 15: National Online Learning Day
- September 18: National Respect Day
- September 21: World Gratitude Day
- September 22: American Business Women’s Day
- September 28: Ask A Stupid Question Day
Loads more in my Planner. See below!
Which September Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the best ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then use fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! The following issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
OR, grab the FREE September one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
You can simply download the low-res version by right-clicking on the image above. Or get a high-resolution printable PDF in the FREE members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to share with others.
What do you think? Which September marketing ideas will YOU use?