Need October marketing ideas?
In the northern hemisphere, it’s all about Autumn colors, harvest themes, falling leaves, warm comfort food, and pumpkin spice everything!
And Halloween is big business just about everywhere.
Don’t miss this colorful opportunity to market your business!
It’s a great time to start gearing up before the big holiday sales season starts in earnest. Try to maintain an optimal posting frequency on your best social media channel.
It’s easy with all these ideas to choose from! I’ve even got them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
October Monthly Holidays
Do any of these resonate with your business and audience? Plan a month-long promotion that could include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests and more.
- International Strategic Planning Month
- National Work and Family Month
- Employee Ownership Month
- Fair Trade Month
- Financial Planning Month
- Right Brainers Rule! Month
- Nat’l Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Women Walking In Their Own Shoes Month
- Workplace Politics Awareness Month
- National Sarcastic Awareness Month
- National Stop Bullying Month
- National Substance Abuse Prevention Month
- Organize Your Medical Information Month
- National Go On A Field Trip Month
- National Bake and Decorate Month
- National Book Month
- National Chili Month
- Apple Month
- Adopt A Dog Month
October 2017 Weekly Holidays
These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2017, will be updated each year.
- National Walk Your Dog Week: 1-7
- Universal Children’s Week: 1-7
- Great Books Week: 1-7
- National Work From Home Week: 1-7
- Customer Service Week: 2-6
- Getting The World To Beat A Path To Your Door Week: 8-14
- National Business Women’s Week: 15-21
- National Massage Therapy Week: 22-28
October 2017 Daily Holidays
The biggest holiday in October is Halloween (October 31). This launches in stores before August is over! And if you “Pin” your content to Pinterest, you should start pinning Halloween stuff 2 months ahead.
If you’re German and/or a beer lover, don’t forget Oktoberfest.
Dates below are correct for 2017, will be updated each year.
Here are some favorite minor holidays:
- October 5 Do Something Nice Day
- October 5 World Teacher’s Day
- October 6 Mad Hatter Day
- October 11 Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day
- October 13 Friday the 13th
- October 14 National Dessert Day
- October 16 Bosses Day
- October 19 Evaluate Your Life Day
- October 21 Sweetest Day
- October 27 Frankenstein Friday
- October 28 Make a Difference Day
- October 31 Carve a Pumpkin Day / Halloween
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which October Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the best ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then use fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF for October only, or for the rest of the year at a 25% savings.
You can simply download the low-res version by right-clicking on the image above. Or get a high-resolution printable PDF in the FREE members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to share with others.
What do you think? Which October marketing ideas will YOU use?