Need November marketing ideas?
This month, we transition from autumn and harvest (in the Northern hemisphere) to the Christmas and holiday season.
Thanksgiving in the U.S. sets the tone for a month of gratitude.
These offbeat ideas for marketing your business will make your readers and followers grateful for a fresh and amusing take, instead of the same old-same old.
I also offer them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about later.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 November Monthly Holidays
November is definitely still autumn, but with Halloween marketing starting earlier every year, your audience may be tired of pumpkins and Fall leaves already.
If your business is local, take cues from your weather. The northern and midwest states have probably raked their last leaf and are anticipating snowfall already.
Does one of the month-long holidays below resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion for the month of November that might include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests and more.
- National Gratitude Month
- Adopt A Turkey Month
- National Entrepreneurship Month
- National Inspirational Role Models Month
- Family Stories Month
- National Novel Writing Month
- Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month
- National Healthy Skin Month
- National Native American Heritage Month
8 November 2019 Weekly Holidays
These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2019, will be updated each year.
If these don’t work for you, there’s a whole page of weekly holidays in my Planner below!
- World Communication Week: 1–7
- National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week: 3–9
- Dear Santa Letter Week: 7–13
- National Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week: 9–17
- World Kindness Week: 10–16
- National Global Entrepreneurship Week: 10–16
- Random Acts of Kindness Week: 18–22
- National Family Week: 24–30
November 2019 Daily Holidays
Setting the tone for the month of November is U.S. Thanksgiving, which falls on the fourth Thursday.
Most businesses won’t want to miss the Friday and Monday after for big sales: Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Dates are correct for 2019, will be updated each year in mid-September.
Here are some favorite November holidays:
- November 1: Día de Los Muertos / All Saints Day
- November 3: Daylight Saving Time ends at 2am
- November 9: World Freedom Day
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
- November 13: World Kindness Day
- November 14: International Girls Day
- November 17: National Unfriend Day
- November 19: International Men’s Day AND Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- November 20: Universal Children’s Day
- November 24: Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day
- November 28: Thanksgiving
- November 29: Black Friday
- November 30: Small Business Saturday
Loads more in my Planner. See below!
Which November Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the best ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then use fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! The following issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
OR, just grab the FREE November one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
Get your high-resolution printable PDF in the FREE Members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to share with others.
What do you think? Which November marketing ideas will YOU use?