Want to make better blog graphics?
You know you need them: Articles with relevant images get
- 94% more page views
- 50% more shares
Do they seem too complicated to create? They’re not!
- They key takeaway is to keep it simple. Simple designs are more eye-catching!
- Copy what works. Check out what top blogs in your niche are doing and get inspired.
- Buy what you can’t create. Stock photos and icons offer top quality inexpensively.
You don’t need to know everything about Photoshop to rock your blog graphics. The infographic suggests knowing these basics:
- Cropping, resizing and selecting images, or parts of images.
- Layers and how they work.
- Blending modes and Layer blending options.
- Creating simple shapes such as circles, rounded rectangles, etc.
- Using the font tool.
- Importing and using patterns, brushes, and shapes.
- Using grids and guides to lay out individual elements.
Free tips via those links! Or keep it simple – get the PS Instant Expert video training here.
Now, to get started making those blog graphics:
Pick one dominant color. If you have a brand color, use it! Or coordinate with your website theme for an easy start.
Now pick one main font that you’ll use every time. You can always add a secondary font when you’re more comfortable.
Add details if you wish – I say, keep it simple!
Pin the infographic from CoSchedule, and let me know if you have more questions on creating better blog graphics!