Need April marketing ideas? Think Spring!
In the Northern Hemisphere, most folks are sick of Winter and are ready to welcome some lovely Spring imagery.
Do you offer something that would help followers experience a “rebirth” in their life, home, or business? Tap into this theme of renewal.
It’s also a big month for gardening, growing, and “greening,” with Earth Day and Arbor Day. Perhaps your theme this month could be growth or conservation.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from! You can even get them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 April Monthly Holidays
Do any of these 10 month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- International Customer Loyalty Month
- National Card and Letter Writing Month
- National Pet Month
- National Humor Month
- Keep America Beautiful Month
- Global Child Nutrition Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- National Decorating Month
- Informed Women Month
- Workplace Conflict Awareness Month
April 2020 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2020 and will be updated each year in mid-February.
- April 1–7 is Laugh at Work Week
- April 4–11 is Money Smart® Week
- April 6–10 is Explore Your Career Options Week
- April 18–23 is Consumer Awareness Week
- April 18–26 is National Park Week
- April 19–25 is National Volunteer Week
- April 19–25 is National Library Week
- April 19–25 is National Environmental Education Week
April 2020 Daily Holidays
Two big holidays in April are April Fools Day and Easter. The 1st is always April Fools.
This year, Easter Sunday falls on April 12.
If it suits your brand personality, have some fun with April Fools! Heard of ShuberX?
Promotion noted at end of video may no longer be valid 😉
Here are some favorite special days this month:
Dates below are correct for 2020 and will be updated each year.
- April 1 is National Fun at Work Day
- April 3 is Walk to Work Day
- April 4 is DIY Day
- April 10 is National Siblings Day
- April 11 is National Pet Day
- April 14 is Int’l Moment of Laughter Day
- April 15 is World Art Day (DaVinci’s birth date)
- April 16 is Get to Know Your Customers Day
- April 20 is National Look Alike Day
- April 21 is World Creativity and Innovation Day
- April 22 is Earth Day
- April 23 is National Take a Chance Day
- April 26 is National Kids and Pets Day
- April 28 is Pay It Forward Day
- April 30 is National Honesty Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which April Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then fill in with fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF on a convenient monthly subscription plan. Download next month’s calendar today! Your next issue will be available on the first of the month. (Drop me a line if you need other options).
Or just grab the FREE April one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how you’ll use it.
Get your high-resolution printable PDF in the FREE members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
What do you think? Which April marketing ideas work for your business?