Wondering how to get followers on Pinterest?
If you’re just starting out, 1,000 followers might seem like an impossible dream.
Not so, if you take it step-by-step!
Follow the tips on this infographic from QuickSprout and your account will be off and running.
Why Use Pinterest?
Pinterest is one of the highest converting social sites on the web, especially for e-commerce related products. Even for my business-to-business site, it’s my top social referrer of traffic.
- Pinterest accounts for 25% of retail referral traffic.
- Pinterest generates 4 times more revenue per click than Twitter.
- And generates 27% more revenue per click than Facebook.
- 47% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from Pinterest.
- The number of people who see your pins is greater than your number of followers.
Get on Pinterest if you can visually attract your followers!
5 Steps on How to Get Followers on Pinterest
- Fill out your profile completely to entice pinners to follow.
- Verify your site and add rich pins. Rich pins get more likes, increasing visibility.
- Share your Pinterest profile (or a “Pin of the Day”) on other social media networks. Alert your email subscribers of your Pinterest profile.
- Include a Pinterest button on your website or blog. Try a follow button or a widget.
- Follow your competitors’ followers. Not only might they follow back, but you can see the type of content they like as well.
6 More Ideas to Get More Pinterest Followers
Bonus! Here are some of my own ideas that you can implement to attract more followers.
- Pin regularly. The top accounts pin 10 to 30 times per day.
- Use pin descriptions that include keywords.
- Follow people who are pinning from your website. To find them: https://www.pinterest.com/source/[YOURDOMAIN].com/
- Ask to contribute to boards that have a lot of repins (important) and followers.
- Engage with followers by re-pinning, commenting, and liking their pins.
- Run a Pinterest contest.
If you find this helpful, share with a friend who’d love to know how to get followers on Pinterest!