Using Pinterest for business?
Whether you need to get started, or want to hone your skills, you’ll love this “10 Commandments of Using Pinterest for Business” infographic.
Many useful articles are linked below, so you can dive deeper into the 10 Pinterest rules:
1. Prepare and plan
- Set up your account properly
- Research what your ideal client is pinning
- Create the best boards for your business
- All covered in the free ecourse – join at top right or below!
2. Honor your source
3. Pin strategically
- Pin to all your boards regularly
- Follow others, like these visual marketing pros
- Add a price banner to product pins
- Be sure your pins link back to your site
- Space your pins out (easy when you schedule pins)
4. Be social
This is truly not critical since Pinterest isn’t really a social site, but you may…
- Comment on pins
- Tag pinners
- Track pins from your domain
- Thank pinners of your content
Note: Linked post will be updated soon. Be sure to sign up for the ecourse and you’ll be first to know!
6. Create and curate
Newbies should post about 80% of others’ content to 20% of your own. As you become more of an authority in Pinterest’s algorithm, you’ll flip this around.
I currently pin only about 10% of others’ content, because it just doesn’t get the repins my own does. Some super gurus pin only their own content.
Remember, Pinterest is a search engine, not a social site!
7. Promote creatively
- Use a call-to-action in your pins and descriptions
- Hold Pinterest contests
- Integrate offline strategies
- Allow users to post on your Pinterest group boards
8. Optimize SEO and referral traffic
- Be sure to use keywords on your pins and more (covered in the ecourse)
- Create the right content
- Entice pinners to engage with your site
- Pin your own content to all relevant boards
9. Use apps, plugins and tools
- Include a Pinterest “Save” button on your website
- Download the Pinterest mobile app
- Use the best Pinterest tools
10. Use research and analytics
- Read your Pinterest notifications
- Research your competition
- Check your Google Analytics to see which posts are getting Pinterest traffic
That’s a lot to remember! So pin the Pinterest infographic and refer to it as needed.
Return to this post to read more of the linked articles.
And definitely sign up for the FREE ecourse to optimize your Pinterest marketing! I’ll take you from setting up your account correctly to making simple, pinnable images, in the FREE ecourse.
Get ONE simple action step each day. Join now!
What about you? Got any Pinterest tips to share? Let us know in the comments how following these Pinterest for business rules is working for you!