Need March marketing ideas?
March 20 is the first day of Spring! How can you encourage your audience to “spring” into action this month?
Do you offer something that would help followers do a “Spring cleaning” in their life, home, or business?
Or just offer the encouragement of the flowers and better weather to come.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from. You can even get them in a super-simple to follow format, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 March Monthly Holidays
Do any of these 10 month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- International Ideas Month
- National Athletic Training Month
- Employee Spirit Month
- Irish-American Heritage Month
- National Nutrition Month
- Red Cross Month
- National Craft Month
- National Women’s History Month
- International Mirth Month
- National Clean Up Your IRS Act Month
March 2019 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish). Dates are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
- March 1–7 is National Cheerleading Week
- March 3–9 is Celebrate Your Name Week
- March 3–9 is Teen Tech Week
- March 3–9 is National Consumer Protection Week
- March 17–23 is World Folktales and Fables Week
- March 18–24 is Act Happy Week
- March 18–24 is Wellderly Week
- March 24–30 is National Cleaning Week
March 2019 Daily Holidays
A big holiday in March is St. Patrick’s Day (March 17). This holiday “colors” the month of March green!
If it suits your brand personality, don’t be afraid to start celebrating leprechauns, rainbows, and a pot of gold from the beginning of the month.
Dates below are correct for 2019 and will be updated each year.
Here are some favorite special days this month:
- March 1 is World Compliment Day
- March 2 is National Read Across America Day / Dr. Seuss Day
- March 7 is National Be Heard Day (a day to celebrate and promote small business)
- March 8 is International Women’s Day
- March 10: Daylight Saving Time begins
- March 12 is Organize your Home Office Day
- March 14 is National Pi Day / Albert Einstein’s birth date
- March 18 is Companies That Care Day
- March 19 is Client’s Day
- March 20 is International Day of Happiness
- March 21 is Twitter’s 13th birthday
- March 23 is National Puppy Day
- March 26 is Live Long And Prosper Day (Leonard Nimoy’s birth date) #llap
- March 27 is Celebrate Exchange Day (a day for businesses to share ideas)
- March 29 is National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- March 31 is World Backup Day
Dozens more in my Planner. See below!
Which March Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have as many as 8 to choose from!
As I mentioned in the article on Weird Holidays, there are a lot of places online where you can look up hundreds of fun holidays to connect with your followers.
Then I put the most engaging ideas in a handy, printable Social Media Content Planner.
Plus, I’ve included ideas on how to use them! And a strategy to ensure that your business promotion gets scheduled first. Then use fun holidays to keep your audience engaged!
Purchase this instant download PDF for March only, or for the full year at a 45% savings. 12 months of 2019 included. The full year planner is available during the months of November–February only.
OR, grab the free March one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One prompt per day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how to use it!
Get your high-resolution printable PDF in the FREE members area!
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to let others know about this free resource.
What do you think? Which March marketing ideas work for your business?