Need March marketing ideas?
March is the month to “spring” into action!
In 2022, March 20 marks the first day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. How can you encourage your audience to spring into action this month?
Do you offer something that would help followers do a “Spring cleaning” in their life, home, or business?
Or simply offer the encouragement of flowers and better weather to come.
If none of this resonates with your business, there are lots more ideas to choose from. You can even get them as ready-to-post content, which you’ll hear more about further down.
Pin or tweet, then read on!
10 March Monthly Holidays
Do any of these 10 month-long holidays resonate with your business and audience?
Plan a promotion that could include a blog post series, sales and discounts, social media posts, contests and more.
- International Ideas Month
- National Athletic Training Month
- Employee Spirit Month
- Irish-American Heritage Month
- National Nutrition Month
- American Red Cross Month
- National Craft Month
- National Women’s History Month
- International Mirth Month
- National Clean Up Your IRS Act Month
To carry your theme through to social media, consider making picture quotes.
For the Ideas Month or National Craft Month themes, you could use these creativity quotes.
Try these motivational quotes if you choose to run with Athletic Training Month (pun intended).
Irish-American Heritage Month is just begging for these St. Patrick’s Day quotes and Irish blessings.
If none of these seem a good fit, you could include these March quotes.
Or use Employee Spirit Month as an opportunity to feature an “Employee of the Week” on social media. That’s sure to lift their spirits!
March 2022 Weekly Holidays
8 more ideas: These holidays last for a week(ish).
*Asterisked dates change yearly.
Dates are correct for 2022 and will be updated each year, a few months ahead.
- March 1–7 is National Cheerleading Week
- March 6–12* is Celebrate Your Name Week
- March 6–12* is National Consumer Protection Week
- March 6–12* is Teen Tech Week
- March 13–19* is Sunshine Week
- March 21–25* is Wellderly Week
- March 21–27* is Act Happy Week
- March 27–April 2* is National Cleaning Week
There are dozens more in this article of 390 March holidays. There’s surely one to fit your niche or cause!
March 2022 Daily Holidays
A big holiday in March is St. Patrick’s Day (March 17). This holiday “colors” the month of March green!
If it suits your brand personality, don’t be afraid to start celebrating leprechauns, rainbows, and a pot of gold from the beginning of the month. St. Patrick’s Day graphics really can go viral on social media!
*Asterisked dates change yearly. Dates below are correct for 2022 and will be updated each year a few months ahead.
Here are some favorite March holidays:
- March 1 is World Compliment Day
- March 2 is National Read Across America Day / Dr. Seuss Day
- March 7 is National Be Heard Day (a day to celebrate and promote small business)
- March 8 is International Women’s Day
- March 8* is Organize your Home Office Day (second Tuesday)
- March 13* Daylight Saving Time begins (second Sunday)
- March 14 is National Pi Day / Albert Einstein’s birth date
- March 17* is Companies That Care Day (third Thursday)
- March 19 is Client’s Day
- March 20 is International Day of Happiness
- March 21 is Twitter’s 16th birthday
- March 23 is National Puppy Day
- March 26 is Live Long And Prosper Day (Leonard Nimoy’s birth date) #llap
- March 27 is Celebrate Exchange Day (a day for businesses to share ideas)
- March 29 is National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- March 31 is World Backup Day
There are still more ideas in Your Social Plan. Keep reading!
Which March Holidays for Your Business?
There are truly holidays for every business and personality. Some days have more than 10 to choose from!
I love social media holidays and am compiling huge lists of hundreds for each month.
But just knowing the holidays doesn’t mean you’ll:
- Remember which happens when.
- Know how to use them in your marketing.
- Or have time to come up with eye-catching images and engaging captions to go with them.
That’s why there’s Your Social Plan!
Your Social Plan is a daily posting plan that combines beautiful, done-for-you content with powerful business-building prompts so you’ll never wonder what to post again.
Each day your business benefits from a combination of 3 posts:
M – Motivational / Inspirational
V – Visibility Boosting
P – Promotional / Business Building
Check out Your Social Plan now and save hours on your social media marketing this month!
Disclosure: If you purchase, I will earn a commission, at no cost to you.
No marketing budget? Grab the free one-sheet content inspiration calendar. One holiday each day, plus room to write in your own ideas on how to use it.
Get a printable PDF or two in the FREE members area.
To sign up for a free membership, click here.
Be sure to pin or tweet this post to let others know about this free resource.
What do you think? Which March marketing ideas work for your business?
Or if you’re pressed for time, try Your Social Plan for ready-to-post content monthly!